In recent years there has been a significant increase in innovative activity in the business sector, promoted by public policies to support these activities. Experience shows that R&D&I projects and actions are carried out but not always systematically or following specific methodologies that integrate these actions with the rest of the company’s activities. This causes that:
- Ideas susceptible of becoming R&D&i projects are lost.
- The execution of projects begins without having carried out an analysis of the state of the art.
- Products already protected by some kind of industrial property are developed.
Likewise, the lack of systematic management of R&D&I projects can lead to ideas that do turn into projects consuming more time and resources than initially planned.
As in any other project, an R&D&I project requires the management of different elements, from the generation of the innovative idea to its implementation and valorisation, including:
- Personnel who develop the project.
- Contacts: suppliers, collaborators, other interested parties.
- Planning and execution of activities: phases and tasks.
- Associated and generated documentation.
- Necessary material resources.
The success of an R&D&I project does not depend solely on the capacity of the technical and human team responsible for the development of the work. In many cases, the success of the project may be tarnished by poor management that does not include aspects such as the achievement of objectives in time, communication with the client, management of resources, etc..
The general project management methodologies can be applied directly to the management of R&D&I projects, with some particularity. Standard UNE166001 Requirements for an R&D&I project indicates that the project must include at least the following aspects:
- Designation of a project manager, establishing its functions.
- Objectives of the project.
- Innovation and degree of novelty of the project.
- Risk management.
- Budget and resources.
- Exploitation of results.
- Control of documentation.
- Control of changes.
ROLE OF BOSONIT INNOVATION IN THE MANAGEMENT OF R&D&I PROJECTS.
Bosonit Innovation has a broad portfolio of R&D&I project management services, as well as access to public funding sources. These services are adapted to each project according to its typology and the client:
- Conceptualization of the project:
- Development of the project idea.
- Assessment of the strategic importance of the project in the company.
- Selection of the most suitable financing scheme for the project.
- Search for partners, if necessary.
- Preparation and presentation of the proposal to the corresponding body.
- Management of the project:
- Monitoring of project development and achievement of milestones.
- Control of the consumption of resources.
- Elaboration of justifying reports.
- Management of internal communication in collaborative projects.
- Support in the administrative management of the file.
- Advice on tax deductions for R&D&I projects.
- Operation and dissemination:
- Elaboration of the transfer plan and exploitation of results.
- Accompaniment in the communication and dissemination strategy.
- Support in the protection of intellectual property.
Bosonit Innovation works hand in hand with the client, so that the innovation process is integrated as much as possible in the organization, aligning the projects with the company’s strategy from its definition to the exploitation of the results.