Many decisions and there is no single solution, no stack that stands out from the others (MEAN, MERN, MEVN...).
When choosing, we always look to create a solid, robust, scalable ecosystem, frameworks backed by large companies (Google, Facebook, Microsoft...) which we expect to be updated, to receive support and to have large active communities that can help us to rapidly grow our project.
- Facebook: Closely linked to JS and creator of the React framework, which is currently one of the most widely used. Applications such as WhatsApp, Instagram or the Facebook website itself are developed under React.
- Microsoft: It has been actively working on the creation of its Edge web browser.
- LinkedIn: There was a place for LinkedIn, who also joined the rest of the giants in including NodeJS in their mobile site and developer APIs.
- Netflix: I am looking for a more distributed approach relying on NodeJS.
- eBay: In the same way that Netflix decided to migrate to NodeJS by evolving its old core programmed in Java
- PayPal: It was an early adopter of NodeJS, they even have their own version of Express called KrakenJS.
- Groupon: It was implemented under the Ruby on Rails framework but it proved to be extremely slow, so they migrated to NodeJS.
How to conclude
What are you waiting for?
And finally, I would like to ask a number of controversial questions.
For Front What's your choice?Angular? ¿React? ¿Vue?
In the Back? Within NodeJS, do youExpress? ¿Meteor? ¿Hapi?